Sona masoori is a medium-grain rice grown largely in the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka. In Telugu, Sona Masoori rice is called Bangaru Teegalu. It is lightweight and aromatic
It is very strong rice and contains high fibre contents. It has a very good aroma and is also very delicious. Sona masoori rice contains a good amount of starch and needs to be rinsed before cooking. So, It is considered to be healthier than the basmati and is also easier to digest.
- High protein content: Sona Masoori rice offers an adequate amount of protein for the body. If it is still incomplete, a balanced diet, including this type of rice, will meet all your nutritional demands.
- Low in calories: With a lower calorie content, yet delectable taste, consuming this type of rice, is a win-win situation.
- High in carbohydrates: If you are feeling low, this variety of rice can make you feel energized the whole day with its high carbohydrate content.
- No fat and sodium: While these are essential nutrients, it is vital to consume them in a limited quantity. Therefore, another reason why Sona Masoori rice is the perfect choice is because it is free of fat and sodium.
- Rich source of magnesium: This is an essential nutrient that provides energy and helps in various biological functions.
- Crops are cultivated in fertile land of Thanjavur by using organic fertilizers .
- The usage of Insecticides and pesticides are completely avoided to get 100% natural product.
- Very high standard of hygiene and quality control is maintained at the handling and packaging of the products.